Monday, January 02, 2006

My 1955 Chevrolet Belair 2 Door Hardtop


My 1955 Chevrolet Belair 2 door hardtop.

I've starting working on the restore of this classic. The picture here shows how it looks now. Although it looks pretty good in the picture it is a long way from what it will look like when its done. My plan is to get it road worthy and drive it for a couple of years working on the little things my car repair knowledge allows. Then, I will tear it down to the frame, have the body gone through bumper to bumper, and put it all back together with a new engine and complete interior.
It came to me with a lot of things needing repair. So far I've upgraded the brake system to power front disk brakes. I've rewired most of the car. Intalled a new electrical windshield wiper system. Put on a new front bumper and have all but 1 part of the rear bumper ready to be installed. I've put in a new dual exhaust system. A new 650 cfm Edelbroch carburetor. I put in new turn signal switch controls and horn contacts in the steering column along with a new replica steering wheel. I had the rear differential rebuilt and new rear wheel bearings installed. Replaced the driver side window and installed new door, trunk, glove box and ignition switch locks.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Wow! I am so proud of your progress. The car looks great! And so does the house. I don't think I understood half of the details about what you have done and plan to do, but I'm sure it will all be amazing. Can't wait to get out there and take a cruise to the beach! Love you